Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fried Baby Calamari


It was the first time I had baby Calamari, in Melbourne's one of the best restaurants, located in Dockland. We took a cruise through the Yarra river from Southbank. The journey ended in Dockland; Melbourne's home of ships.


The restaurant was well designed, well illuminated and with all my Australian colleagues it seemed like a heaven. After a glass of white wine, I stepped into the best moment in my life. The best seafood I have ever had. No words can describe its taste. Its that good.


It is batter coated, deep fried squid, normally served as an appetizer. The body of squid can be stuffed whole, cut into flat pieces or sliced into rings. The arms, tentacles and ink are also edible; in fact, the only part of the squid that is not eaten is its beak and gladius.


Surrounded by a lotta vegetarians, it was really a fantastic experience; even better than, when I had Sushi(the smoked salmon) in Singapore Airlines.

No comments: